Sunday, January 7, 2018

H & M ~ Orangeade



H & M ~ Orangeade
Orange crème

Some of you have probably noticed that I have developed a love for orange polishes over the last year or so. I found Orangeade on special in my local H & M – I paid half price for it, yay!

I used two easy coats for my base and the drying time was good.

I was in the mood for something different so I dug out two Maybelline polishes: Blue Freeze and #54. It’s a dark blue shimmer and a raspberry red jelly with holo glitter. I dapped a few drops of each polish onto my nail art mat and pressed my stamper into the mix. Then I transferred the polish onto my nails with the stamper. It looked quite cool, but I didn’t photograph that step. The outcome reminded me of fire so I added a layer of golden glitter: Vivid Lacquer’s “Rainbow’s End”.

I honestly think it would have worked a bit better if Rainbow’s End had been less glitter dense. But never mind – you also get to see the manicures that didn’t turn out quite the way I expected.

This is what it all ended out looking like:

H & M ~ Orangeade

Here’s Orangeade on its own. Two coats and no topcoat yet. Isn’t it beautiful?

H & M ~ Orangeade

These are the four polishes I used today.


I wasn’t 100 % satisfied with the outcome, but that’s okay. It’s fun to try different things out! :D


Number of coats: 2
Drying time: Good
Finish: Crème
Overall impression: Great colour, good quality, good price
Buy again: Yes

5 comments: